Monday, May 07, 2007

Sounds

Myspace, whilst it has a stupid name and carries connotations of scary emo horrors, is a good way of finding good (and frequently very bad) music. Stuff I've been poking around with recently be these

Lucy Kitt
-I've seen her live a few times and she is very good, or perhaps it's just that she plays in the original material vacuum that is canterbury. Listening to this stuff it would appear to be the former.

Charles Stuart
-Discovered whilst on a 'listen to other people's music' bender a week or two ago. Strange sort of Lo-fi soul electronica, good though.

Future of the Left

-Welsh supergroup made from some very good bands, they are shouty, loud and generally rock. Even more so live.

Ambervision

-Mandatory plug for my friends' band, I've not seen them live in a shamefully long time. getting better with each song I hear. Jangly indie pop goodness.

I'm not sure why I'm posting these links here, it's not like my endorsement is going to give them any new fans, but meh, I'm bored and if I stop writing this then I've got to get back to work.

shit.

-Ben