Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A New Flavour of Boredom

When you are so bored that Waterworld seems like a good film. I don't think that it's as bad as the critics at the time said, they did make it sound less fun than leprosy, but it is not exactly a classic either. But I've nothing better to do, and I've been up since 8am - yes, apparently there is such a time.

Anyway, it now seems that after rent, I have rather less money than I'd hoped I would at this stage. This puts a nasty shadow on my drink-myself-stupid plan for the summer, as I don't particularly like drinking three litre bottles of white cider in a tramp stylee I might have to think of something constructive to do. Which is, of course, what I've been whining about every single night for the last god knows how long. But seeing as I've not been online for a while - a medium amount of drinky = a great amount of sleep - I thought I've give you my share of directionless moaning about my inability to use what small shreds of initiative I have to do something useful with myself.

I can't actually be bothered to write the meat of the actual moaning here so I'll just leave it to your imagination, you've heard enough of it before so I'm sure that you can fill in the gaps.

I'm gradually assembling something, I'm not sure what it is, writing wise. It's just random fragments, ideas and suchlike, not any coherent story, just I've decided to write down ideas, whether I cant fit them into anything larger or not. Not sure why exactly; it's just filling up my computer with random bits of prose and stuff. Still, it could be worse, there are a few deeply weird musical creations also on the computer now - my ability to compose music is rather hampered by my lack of talent - a three part riff done entirely on basses doesn't sound too great.

Still, it keeps me off the streets and I haven't felt the urge to do anything really stupid for a while now, although I did nearly walk to Crystal Palace (about 10 miles away - across London) today, which would have hurt a lot and probably ended up with me selling my body on the street for a train fare home - which is probably the best I could hope to get for it in its current state.

There I go again. Enough with the moaning already!

I'm really in a much better mood than all this bollocks would suggest

I think I'll try that walk sometime soon, but not without lots of water and an A-Z.

I'm off to bed now.

-Ben