Thursday, June 02, 2005

Explanation

The reason for this blog being titled as it is:


Partly a pretty damn obvious reference to Douglas Adam's masterwork but also the context its was drifting around my head in the day I started this thingy. You see that morning I'd been sitting in a hall the size of an american aircraft hangar - everything is bigger in america apparently and, if you believe some European activists, uses more petrol (even their mobile phones) - thinking about just how little work I have done this year and quite frankly panicing like a chav who has run out of burberry tracksuits.

As I stared in transfixed horror at the front page of the question booklet I was struck by how very dull and boring it is; all plain paper and black writing. What, I decided, it needed was something that would help improve the general state of mind of the participants, like DON'T PANIC written in large friendly letters on the front cover - It would get a smug knowing chuckle from the enlightened and have a calming effect on those who are unfamiliar with the Hitch Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy. I wonder if its been done before?

Currently I'm am happily avoiding thinking about the next exam I have (tomorrow afternoon) and trying to decide whether to bother posting this inane ramble or not.

I think you can guess which side won that argument.

- Ben